Pages

Pages

11.09.2014

Grocery Bag Organization

I can be a little OCD sometimes...just sometimes.. ok maybe all the time who am I  kidding. I used to be one of those people a long time ago that shoved all of the grocery bags in one bag. Yes it's fast but I quickly realized that it's so messy in a way and it just takes up so much room in the closet or where ever it is that you store them and if that works for you then keep doing what works but if you want to know how I keep my grocery bags (any plastic bag really) organized, keep reading!
 
 
^This makes me itch                 ^This makes me happy
 
 
I've been folding my plastic bags for years now and let me tell you it makes my life a little easier. I don't have to look for the bags because I know exactly where they are and I don't have to wrestle with them trying to separate the bag I need or what ever it is they do when they are all shoved in one bag.
 
1. After I finish putting away the groceries I put the bags that I want to keep to the side. I don't keep the ones that are all wet or have holes in them and they end up looking like this.
 
MUST.FOLD.QUICKLY!
 2. Open the bag and set it flat on the counter or where ever you are going to fold them.
 
 
 
3. Start folding!
 
 
 pretend you are making a little fan!
 
 
4. Once the bag is folded- start wrapping it around your fingers like so..


 
5. After you wrapped it around your fingers you should have the handles of the bag sticking out like so..
 

 

6. To finish just tuck the handles into the space where you had your fingers and done!
 


I know this seems like a lot but it seriously took me 4-5 seconds to fold one bag. It just makes my life a little more organized and after I am done folding them I just throw them into a little basket I bought at the dollar store. When people come over and see what I do to the bags they give me a weird look but once they see how easy it is they cross over to the OCD side. Conquering the world one bag at a time ha!

How do you store your plastic bags? Hope you enjoyed and thank you for stopping by.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment